Sarathkumar walks out of AIADMK

he said he has fulfilled his commitments and promises to AIADMK and the people. "I promised that I will be in the alliance, I have completed five years now. I have fulfilled my word. I do not want to blame AIADMK but when I look back, I feel that we could have done much more than what we did," he said.

However, like Vijayakanth, Sarathkumar also has lost one MLA. "Including myself, we had two MLAs. But one MLA Ernavur Narayanan has been expelled from the party earlier," he said. Narayan was expelled after he opposed the decision to leave AIADMK alliance last month. Sarathkumar had entered politics with the help of K P Kandasamy, a former DMK minister and founder of Dinakaran, who once had a control over the powerful Nadar votes in southern districts. It was his powerful community that helped Sarathkumar's swift rise in politics. At one point, DMK Chief M Karunanidhi had even plans to appoint Sarathkumar as the leader of south. His wife Radhika, daughter of late actor M R Radha, is also known to have close links with DMK. Over the years, however, political developments did change the nature of Nadar votes, who are traditionally merchants and Sarathkumar quit DMK in 2006 to join AIADMK, a move that did not last long. In 2007, he formed All India Samathuva Makkal Katchi. When asked about his strength, he said he belongs to Nadar community but his party is not representing any particular community. "Youth is my strength. There is a vacuum in state politics. People are tired of both Dravidian parties, they are expecting new faces, a new leader. I will work for them," he said. Refusing to comment on his experience with AIADMK, he said his party has already finalised an election manifesto and will announce the alliance decisions soon. When asked whether it was the lack of support from AIADMK during the Nadigar Sangam controversy and his embarrassing defeat in the film body election had led to his exit, he denied it. "That was a trivial issue. Nadigar Sangam issues have nothing to do with politics," he said.

0 Comment "Sarathkumar walks out of AIADMK"

Post a Comment