I fell in love when I was 18: Nithya Menen

In a little over four years since making her debut, Nithya Menen has carved aNICHEfor herself as one of the finest actresses of the present generation. However, she's at loss of words when talking about the process of acting. "I'm often asked how I portray the roles I play so convincingly and express so much through my eyes. Quite frankly, I don't know how to explain that. I guess it's about who I'm as a person; I radiate it through my eyes. I draw inspiration from everything I've seen and been through. My life has been my biggest teacher."

As far as portraying romance on-screen goes, the actress confesses to draw from her personal experience of being in love. "I fell in love when I was 18. That's probably why I know what it likes to be in love and I can express it in a better way," she says in a matter-of-fact manner, pausing briefly. So, what happened? "Let's not get into all that. It happened a long time ago when I was in college. I'm single and happy right now (laughs)."

Contrary to the effervescence she exudes on-screen, Nithya has the image of being a serious person offscreen. However, she believes there is more to her. "I'm serious, in general, and I guess I cling on to the little freedom I have offscreen. Having said that, I am funny and at the same time detached from a lot of things in life. I've been blissfully ignorant about the result of my films and don't get swayed bySUCCESS or failure," signs off Nithya.

0 Comment "I fell in love when I was 18: Nithya Menen"

Post a Comment