My boyfriend forced himself on me

My boyfriend forced himself on me

Question: A few months ago, I met a guy and we grew close over time. I don't know exactly when it turned into a relationship, but before I knew, he kissed me. We had an argument about it and he immediately apologized. I had mentioned to him that I didn't intend to get sexually involved until our families knew about the relationship and he obliged too. But after few days ofCOMPLETING 7 months, we were at his place and he forced himself on me. It was the first for me since I was a virgin. We used to hang out previously also at his place, but this was the first time he did such a thing. He didn't even seek my permission. And, all this happened inspite of my decision to not get physical until our families knew about our relationship.

He is actually a good guy, but he always hurry up things. I still can't make up my mind on how can someone do such a thing to a person? Instincts suggest that I should beware of him and end the relationship before it gets too late. But, at the same time, I'll miss the time spent with him. Please help me figure out what can be the right reaction for this situation. - By Anonymous

Answer by Manavi Khurana: First of all, I am sorry this happened to you. It does not give anybody the right to force himself on to you without your consent, no matter how close the friendship/relationship is. I feel like it's more than just "he is in a hurry". He should have respected your decision. In this case, your instincts seem to be right, so beware of him.

You can think about a few options on how to react. You can report to the police because non-consensual sex is rape and this is illegal. You can also inform him about the same. Try talking about it with your parents (or a confidant) if you areCOMFORTABLE.

If the sex was unprotected, do take contraception and also get tested for STD's/HIV to be on the safer side.

0 Comment "My boyfriend forced himself on me"

Post a Comment